hello everyoneeeeee, it’s been a while (or at least it feels like it!).
amy from whatamymade has tagged me for a liebster award, which is lovely, thanks amy!
so i’m pretty rubbish about writing facts about myself, and if you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll probably be reading duplicate information, but i’ll try and knock a few out!
1) i really love making things. anything really. sewing, knitting, crochet, i love hama beads, cross stitch… the list goes on. it becomes expensive!
2) the online sewing community is my fave and it’s such a nice thing to be a part of.
3) i’m very impatient, and like to cut corners wherever possible.
4) i’m trying to challenge myself more with my sewing and step out my comfort zone. i’m scared of spending lots of money on something and ruining it!
5) i’m not an “exclusively handmade” kinda gal, well, not yet anyway. i still like looking at clothes in shops, although it’s rare that i do buy things.
6) i’d like to make jeans but i’m too scared!
7) my laziness extends to not making toiles of things, which is awful i know. it’s probably anti-productive really.
8) jersey is my absolute favourite thing to sew with, i really want everyone to discover the joys!
9) i don’t think that making your own clothes is a big of a deal as other people make it out to be; i want everyone to try so they can see how easy and rewarding it is!
10) i can’t force myself to sew. if i’m not in the mood, nothing will make me sit at that machine. hobbies are for fun!
so there you go, a few facts about myself! i’m not sure who i follow that won’t have already been nominated for an award, but if you haven’t and fancy it, let me know in the comments so i can tag you in!
i suppose i’ll share a couple of pictures of the coat i’m going to make… I LOVE IT!
mccalls shared this vogue coat earlier and i love it. i pinched the picture from their instagram.
i’m going to make a grey one.
like this for the main fabric…
and something like this for the lining!
the pattern is on it’s way, so i’ll be coat fabric shopping soon. any recommendations for good places?0