hello everyone! I’m proud to introduce you to my second version of grainline studio’s archer button down shirt. i love this shirt. as you can see, i’ve lengthened it considerably from the pattern pieces. i wanted it to be long so it would be suitable to wear with leggings. I bought my fabric from the rag market during sewbrum. it was £3 a metre and
this is a new experience for me – I finished these in about 3 hours, and I didn’t make any mistakes! I actually didn’t use my seam ripper! I’m overly delighted I actually read the instructions properly haha. I’m not sure the fabric is drapey enough for the culottes, but that said I didn’t pre wash the fabric (I KNOW UGH) so they might slack off a bit after a
well this dress has been a couple of weeks in the making… i planned to finish it across a saturday and sunday, but then i got shall we say, rather inebriated two weekends in a row and just didn’t have any sewing energy left in me on the sundays! i bought the fabric for this while i was in london a couple of weeks ago.
i’m late to all the sewing parties because i haven’t been doing this whole making my own clothes thing long. i’ve been mooching through blogs and seeing all the amazing archer shirts that were made during the sew along, i felt very left out and decided to make one immediately! i downloaded and printed my pattern from Grainline Studios, and set about finding fabric to make it with.
I’ve finished sewing my archer shirt! I’m so excited! just waiting for my press stud/popper pliars to arrive so I can put my purly poppers on, then it will be completed properly. until then, here is an “in progress” picture. I was attaching a sleeve here!